Read here about Hollywood Super star & WWE Wrestler Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) Age, Weight, Height, Movies List, TV Shows, Dwayne Johnson Wiki & Bio.
Dwayne Johnson famous by his wrestling Name The Rock. He is American Wrestler and Actor. He was Football player before his Wrestling and Filmy Career. He Got Name in Wrestling and now he Top Hollywood Actor. His Fast & Furious Movies Series and Many other Action Movies earn Record Earing on Box Office.
Who is Dwayne Johnson?
Johnson was born into a wrestling family. His maternal grandfather, “High Chief” Peter Mavia, emerged on the professional scene in the 1960s and ’70s. Johnson’s father, “Soulman” Rocky Johnson, worked on the American regional wrestling circuit and boxing; In 1974 he was a restrained partner for George Foreman, then preparing for “Rumble in the Jungle” with Muhammad Ali.
However, younger Johnson initially preferred the gridiron over the mat. He was a high-school athlete, and played on the 1991 NCAA Championship football team at the University of Miami (Bachelor of General Studies, 1995). After injuries declined his career in the Canadian Football League, he turned to wrestling.
The Rock Wrestling Career:
Gifted with a remarkable combination of size, speed and agility as well as impeccable microphone skills, Johnson formed his World Wrestling Federation (WWF) in 1996 as Rocky Mavia, a name that paid tribute to both his father and grandfather. Granted. He was promoted as a “face” (crowd favorite), and, after just a few months of exposure, Johnson captured the WWF Intercontinental title.
The aggressive push triggered a backlash from fans, however, and subsequent story lines sidelined the Rocky Mavia personality in Rock’s favor, an unreleased “heel” (“bad guy”). This turn increased popularity. The Rock engaged in a series of high-profile fights with the biggest stars in the WWF and finished first in several World Championship titles in 1998.
Dwayne Johnson Filmy Career:
The striking charm that Johnson demonstrated in his in-ring monologue was easily translated on the silver screen, and his appearance in The Mummy Returns (2001) marked a new milestone in his career. Although Johnson was neither the first nor the last professional wrestler to step into Hollywood, he was easily successful. She followed “The Mummy Returns” with Scorpion King (2002) and The Rundown (2003). In 2004, he left the ring to devote all his time to acting.
Johnson’s later films included testosterone-fueled action fare such as G.I. Joe: Vengeance (2013), Dard and Gain (2013), and the four installments of The Fast and the Furious series – Fast Five (2011), Fast and Furious 4 (2013), Furious ((2015), and The Fate Furious ( 2017). He also appeared in family entertainers The Game Plan (2007), Tooth Fairy (2010) and Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (2012). Johnson was then cast as Greek mythology in Hercules (2014) .He played a firefighter in the action film San Andreas (2015) to deal with a catastrophic earthquake, and in 2016 he starred in the comedy Comedy Central Intelligence with comedian Kevin Hart.
Johnson later voiced a demigod in Moana (2016), a Disney animated film. In 2017 she starred in Baywatch, a comedy based on the TV series about lifeguards, and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, adapted from a children’s book by Chris Van Olsberg. The following year Johnson portrays a father who goes to great heights in the action film Skyscraper to save his family from a burning building. He then starred in Fast and Furious Present: Hobbs and Shaw, a spin-off from the long-running franchise, and Jumanji: The Next Level (both 2019), a sequel to the 2017 film.
Dwayne Johnson TV Appearances:
Johnson appeared in various television projects. In 2013 he hosted the reality television series The Hero, and later starred in Bowlers (2015–19), an HBO comedy series about a former football player who would have become a financial advisor to other sports stars is. Johnson then hosted and hosted the reality TV series The Titan Games (2019–), which included a variety of athletic competitions. He later appeared in Young Rock (2021–), a comic series about his life.
Read More: Dwayne Johnson Movies List / Filmography
In 2011, Johnson appeared in the ring for the first time in seven years, having a feud with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) star John Cena, which ended in a main-event match at WrestleMania XXVIII in April 2012. Success: With over 1.3 million pay-per-view orders and $ 67 million in global sales, WrestleMania XXVIII was WWE’s top-grossing per-view broadcast. Johnson captured his eighth professional wrestling title in January 2013, but he surrendered it less than three months after losing to Cena in another highly publicized bout.
The Rock Bio / Dwayne Johnson Wiki
|Full Name||Dwayne Douglas Johnson|
|Nickname||The Rock, Rocky Maivia, Flex Kavana, The People’s Champion, The Brahma Bull, The Great One, The Corporate Champion|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Film Producer, Professional Wrestler|
The Rock Physical Stats & More
|Height||in centimeters- 188 cm
in meters- 1.88 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 119 kg
in Pounds- 262 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 50 Inches
– Waist: 35 Inches
– Biceps: 23 Inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||N/A (Bald)|
Dwayne Johnson Personal Life
|Date of Birth||2 May 1972|
|Age (as in 2019)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Hayward, California, United States|
|School||Richmond Road Primary School, New Zealand
President William McKinley High School in Honolulu, Hawaii
|College||University of Miami|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of General Studies degree in Criminology and Physiology|
|Family||Grandfather– Peter Maivia
Grandmother– Lia Maivia
Father– Rocky Johnson
Brother– Curtis Bowles
Sister– Wanda Bowles
|Ethnicity||Black Nova Scotian and Samoan|
|Hobbies||Working out, Listening Music, Fishing, Watching Movies|
|Major Controversies||In August 2016, Dwayne Johnson slammed his male Fast & Furious 8 co-stars in a furious rant on Facebook describing them as “candy asses”.|
|Favourite Food||Donuts, Pizza|
|Favourite Actor||Tommy Lee Jones|
|Favourite Actress||Angela Basset|
|Favourite Movie||The Godfather|
Girls, Affairs and More
|Marriage Date||First Marriage: May 3, 1997
Second Marriage: August 18, 2019
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Dany Garcia (1996-2008),
Lauren Hashian (2007-Present)
|Wife/Spouse||First Wife: Dany Garcia (m. 1997; div. 2007)
Second Wife: Lauren Hashian, daughter of Boston drummer Sib Hashian (m. 2018)
Daughters– Simone Alexandra Johnson (from Dany García), Jasmine Johnson and Tiana (both from Lauren Hashian)
|Cars Collection||1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS
|Net Worth (approx.)||$400 Million|
Dwayne Johnson Net Worth 2021
Some Lesser Known Facts about Dwayne Johnson
- Does Dwayne Johnson smoke?: No
- Does Dwayne Johnson drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Dwayne Douglas Johnson is also known as through his ring name “The Rock”.
- He is a Canadian-American actor, producer, and semi-retired professional wrestler currently signed to WWE.
- Dwayne Johnson is the son of Ata Johnson and professional wrestler Rocky Johnson. His maternal grandfather, Peter Maivia, was also a wrestler. His cousin, Savelina Fanene, is also a wrestler currently working for WWE.
- His father is a Black Nova Scotian, and his mother is of Samoan descent. His father was a member of the first black tag team which won the World Tag Team Championship in the World Wrestling Federation (WWF).
- For the short period of time, Johnson lived in the suburb of Grey Lynn in Auckland, New Zealand, with his mother’s family. He attended Richmond Road Primary School, before returning to the United States with his parents.
- He began playing football at Freedom High School (Pennsylvania) in the East Penn Conference. He was also a part of the school’s track and field and wrestling teams.
- Johnson was a college football player for the University of Miami when he was the student winning a national championship on the 1991 Miami Hurricanes football team.
- In 1996, Johnson made his WWF debut as Rocky Maivia, a combination of his father and grandfather’s ring names, although his real name was accepted by the announcers. In the beginning, he was reluctant to take this ring name but was convinced by Vince McMahon and Jim Ross. He played wrestling constantly until 2004.
- Dwayne Johnson made his film debut as lead actor in The Scorpion King in 2002 for which he was paid the US $5.5 million, a world record for an actor in his first starring role. He returned to the WWE for the part-time in 2011 until 2013.
- As of October 2016, Johnson has taken 17 championship reigns in WWE competition incorporating 10 as a world champion, winning the WWF/E Championship eight times and the WCW/World Championship twice.
- Johnson carried off the Intercontinental Championship twice and the WWF Tag Team Championship five times. Johnson is the sixth Triple Crown Champion in the history of WWE and has won also the 2000 Royal Rumble. He is widely received as one of the greatest pro wrestlers of all time.
- Apart From wrestling, he also set foot in the music world. In the year 2000, he appeared for the short period of time in Wyclef jean’s single “It doesn’t Matter” and in its video too. He also recorded for WWF The Music, Vol 5.
- He even hosted Saturday Night Live with fellow wrestlers Mike Foley, Triple H and The Big Show appearing in the show. He attributes the success of this show for him getting offers from the Hollywood studios.
- In the year 2006, he set up Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation for the betterment of terminally ill children.
- In 2007, he along with his ex-wife donated a million dollar to the University of Miami for the renovation of its football facility. This is the largest donation to the university by its former students.
- Johnson’s autobiography The Rock Says…, co-written with Joe Layden, was published in 2000. It was at No. 1 on The New York Time’s Best Seller list, spent 20 weeks on The New York Times bestseller list and sold 720,000 copies in hardcover alone.
- Forbes named Dwayne Johnson in the Top 100 Most Powerful Celebrities in 2013.
- He became the world’s highest-paid actor in 2016.
- Time listed him one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2016.
- Muscle & Fitness named Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as their “Man of the Century” in 2015.
Is The (Dwayne Johnson) Rock a billionaire?
The 25-year career in acting and wrestling has allowed Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson to have a total net worth of $400 Million.
What was Dwayne Johnson’s net worth in 2019?
Dwayne Johnson’s 2019 net worth was approximately $280 Million.
Who is the richest actor?
Tom Cruise is currently the richest actor in the world with a net worth of $550 million, followed by Tom Hanks and Johnny Depp.
How much did Dwayne Johnson make in Moana?
The Rock earned $22 million from Moana. He received $21 million as the base pay and the remaining $1 million for his social media support towards the movie.
Who is Dwayne Johnson’s wife?
Dwayne Johnson married his longtime girlfriend Lauren Hashian.
How tall is Dwayne Johnson? or What is height of Dwayne Johnson?
Dwayne Johnson’s height is 1.96 m