Zinger Burger is the eventual luxury food. Dyke the restaurants and enjoy this totally crunchy burger at your home. It’s packed with loads of flavor, needs no fancy element and is handsome easy to restore.
Table of Contents
Easy To Make Zinger Burger
KFC-STYLE CRISPY CHICKEN BURGER (ZINGER BURGER)
A well-seasoned, crispy fried chicken prepare slathered with a special burger pulp, capped with a slice of Cheddar cheese, finished off with Romaine lettuce and put inside a soft Brioches bun; this is what thoughts are made of.
I am going to make these ideas come true with this fool-proof, extremely mouth-watering recipe of Zinger Burger. This crunchy chicken burger is just how you get it at KFC or maybe even better.
How to Make Zinger Burger
- Dowse the chicken: Add all the spices and sauces to the gutless cleans and leave to dowse for a couple of hours or immediate. You can use either boneless thighs or breasts. Thigh meat is spicier and more flavorful.
- Prepare dry mix: Combine the dry ingredients together for dredging the chicken.
- Make a batter: For dipping the chicken make a thick batter with flour, milk and seasonings.
- Coat the chicken: Dip the chicken fillets in the batter and then dredge in flour. Use a wide shallow bowl for your flour mix and while dredging the chicken with flour press hard to create flakiness.
- Deep fry: Drop these fillets in your pot of heated oil with flame on medium. Fry for total 15 mins or until cooked through.
- Assemble burger: Toast your hamburger buns. I use Broiche. Add the chicken fillet, slice of cheese, fresh tomatoes, homemade burger sauce and lettuce.
Tips for An Ultra Crispy Chicken Fillet
- Flatten the chicken fillet with a steak hammer so it is even on all sides and fries evenly.
- When dredging in flour, press firmly to get a crispy, flaky coating similar to the KFC Zinger Burger.
- You can coat the chicken fillet once but I recommend double-coating for maximum crispiness.
- Make sure the oil is not too hot but still heated otherwise the flour coating will fall off the chicken. Don’t touch the chicken for the first 5 minutes and fry on medium heat.
- Use a strainer to drain excess oil instead of kitchen paper towel. Paper towel can make the chicken soggy.
FOR CHICKEN FILLET
- 500 g chicken fillets breasts/thighs boneless
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoon sriracha sauce or chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornflour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce or chili sauce
- ¾ cup cold milk
FOR DRY MIX
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
FOR BURGER SAUCE
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon mustard sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 salad leaves
- Tomato slices
- 4-8 Cheddar cheese slices
- Slit the chicken fillet from the middle and flatten each piece. You will get 4 thin chicken fillets from 500g chicken.
- Marinate the chicken with salt, white pepper, garlic powder, ginger powder, sriracha sauce and mustard sauce. Leave overnight or for 1 hour at least.
- Make a batter with all the ingredients written under ‘Batter’. Add the milk gradually and keep checking the consistency. The batter shouldn’t be too runny. It should be able to stick to the chicken fillets.
- Combine the ‘Dry Mix’ ingredients in a wide shallow bowl and keep aside.
- Dip the chicken fillets in the batter first, then thoroughly coat with the dry flour mix. Press hard when dredging with flour and slide your fingers on it to create flakiness. Then dip the same fillet in batter followed by flour mix. We want two layers of for ultra-crunchiness.
- Heat a pot with oil for deep-frying. On medium heat add the chicken fillets. Don’t over crowd the pan, fry in batches. For the first 5 mins do not move the fillets. Cook the chicken for total 15 mins until cooked through. Don’t forget to flip in between.
- When done, take a big strainer and put chicken fillets on it. Use it to drain excess oil. This will prevent them from getting soggy.
- Make a burger sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients.
- Start assembling your burger. Toast the buns. Take the bottom bun, on it put the crispy chicken, then 1-2 slices of cheese, couple of tomato slices, drizzle some of the burger sauce, add the salad leaf and close the burger with the top bun.
- Serve with French fries and enjoy!