Pav Bhaji recipe in Hindi
- 2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1 cup boiled and mashed vegetables (such as peas, carrots, and cauliflower)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 6-8 pav (Indian dinner rolls)
- In a pan, heat oil and add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, and green chili. Once the seeds crackle, add the chopped onion, garlic, and ginger. Sauté until the onion turns translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn soft and mushy.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the mashed potatoes and vegetables and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the butter and mix well. Cook for another minute.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with pav (Indian dinner rolls) and butter. Enjoy!
Table of Contents
Which masala is best for pav bhaji?
A popular masala used for pav bhaji is a pre-made pav bhaji masala powder, which typically contains a blend of spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, red chili powder, and garam masala.
What is the English word for pav bhaji?
The English word for pav bhaji is “pav bhaji.”
What is pav bhaji masala made of?
Pav bhaji masala is a blend of spices commonly used in Indian cuisine to make the popular dish, pav bhaji. The spice blend typically includes a combination of the following spices:
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Red chili powder
- Turmeric powder
- Garam masala
- Amchur powder (dried mango powder)
- Fenugreek powder
- Dry ginger powder
- Black pepper powder
- Asafoetida (hing)
Some variations of pav bhaji masala may also include additional spices such as cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and nutmeg. The exact blend and ratio of spices may vary depending on the brand or recipe.
Is pav bhaji masala good for health?
Pav bhaji masala is a blend of spices commonly used in Indian cuisine to make the dish pav bhaji. It typically includes a mix of spices such as cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, and chili powder.
While some of the spices in pav bhaji masala have health benefits, such as anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant properties, it is important to note that it is high in sodium and can contribute to high blood pressure and other health issues if consumed in large amounts. Additionally, the dish pav bhaji is typically made with a large amount of butter, which can contribute to high levels of saturated fat.
It is best to consume pav bhaji masala and pav bhaji in moderation as a part of a balanced diet.