World Environment Day 2021 Images, Themes, Slogans, Quotes & Messages and Photos and more info. Pakistan to host World Environment Day today. PM Imran Khan Start Environment Day by planting a plant.
Table of Contents
World Environment Day 2021
Pakistan is hosting #WorldEnvironmentDay today.
Globally acknowledged & fully committed to playing a leadership role in #EcosystemRestoration, Pakistan urges the world to join hands to protect environment & reset relationship with Nature.#GenerationRestoration#WEDPakistan2021 pic.twitter.com/MDovNVszi0
— Prime Minister’s Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) June 5, 2021
In partnership with the United Nations Environment Program, Pakistan will host World Environment Day on Saturday (today).
The day will be celebrated around the world through various events and activities, in line with the latest coronavirus regulations. This year, the theme is “ecosystem restoration” and focuses on reestablishing our relationship with nature.
Pakistan, in recognition of its leadership role in implementing promising “Ecosystem Restoration Initiatives”, hosted World Environment Day, where it will present its nature conservation success stories.
The main event in Pakistan will be held on June 5 at the Jinnah Convention Center in Islamabad, where official activities will be opened by Prime Minister Imran Khan and broadcast live around the world through official and social portals.
The prime minister would formally announce the achievements of the first billion tree plantation goal under the flagship ten billion tree tsunami planting project (TBTTP), fulfilling the recent commitment of the Bonn Challenge, the successful restoration of 0.3 million hectares of forest cover in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province under the first commitment of the Bonn Challenge, 15 national parks together with marine protected areas established under the Protected Areas Initiative, and finally the Green Finance Initiative presented by Pakistan in global forums for the Ecosystem Restoration Fund, said Amin Aslam, SAPM on Climate Change at a press conference.
Which country will host World Environment Day 2021?
Pakistan, in collaboration with the UN Environment Programme (UNEP), will be the global host for the day to highlight the importance of ecosystem restoration this year. The event has a participation of over 143 countries annually.
What is the theme of World Environment Day 2021?
World Environment Day 2021: ‘Ecosystem restoration’ is this year’s theme; day is observed every year since 1972. World Environment Day is observed every year on 5 June across the globe. The day is considered to be one of the most remarkable ones for environmental action and to create awareness among people.
World Environment Day theme 2021
The theme of World Environment Day this year is ‘Reimagine. Recreate. Restore’ and its focal point is ecosystem restoration. “Ecosystem restoration means preventing, halting and reversing this damage- to go from exploiting nature to healing it”, according to the UN.
Which country is hosting the most World Environmental Day?
Pakistan: Climate measures must uphold human rights as country hosts World Environment Day.
The world environment day of 2011 was hosted by India. It was the 1st time for India to host the day. The theme for 2011 was ‘Forests – Nature At Your Service‘.
When the Environment Day is celebrated?
About World Environment Day
World Environment Day is celebrated on June 5, annually to encourage awareness and environmental protection.
Objective of the program
In a statement on the occasion, the prime minister has said the objective of this program was to increase tree cover, protect wildlife – diminishing due to lack to habitat, increase mangroves.
He said that the government was also working on the restoration of wetlands by using floodwaters and replenishing the water table.
The prime minister said that as the whole process also helped in creating green jobs, the government created 80,000 jobs for women and youth during the situation of COVID-19 pandemic.
At a time when the people got unemployed due to lockdown situation during the COVID-19 pandemic, the government enabled them, particularly women and youth in remote areas, to generate income by growing nurseries, he added.
World Environment Day Theme
The theme for World Environment Day 2021 is “Ecosystem Restoration,” and India will be the global host for this year’s WED. The theme “Time for Nature” focuses on its role in providing the essential infrastructure that supports life on Earth and human development.
The past themes of World Environment Day are tabled below:
|1974||Only one Earth|
|1976||Water: Vital Resource for Life|
|1977||Ozone Layer Environmental Concern; Lands Loss and Soil Degradation|
|1978||Development Without Destruction|
|1979||Only One Future for Our Children – Development Without Destruction|
|1980||A New Challenge for the New Decade: Development Without Destruction|
|1981||Ground Water; Toxic Chemicals in Human Food Chains|
|1982||Ten Years After Stockholm (Renewal of Environmental Concerns)|
|1983||Managing and Disposing Hazardous Waste: Acid Rain and Energy|
|1985||Youth: Population and the Environment|
|1986||A Tree for Peace|
|1987||Environment and Shelter: More Than A Roof|
|1988||When People Put the Environment First, Development Will Last|
|1989||Global Warming; Global Warning|
|1990||Children and the Environment|
|1991||Climate Change. Need for Global Partnership|
|1992||Only One Earth, Care and Share|
|1993||Poverty and the Environment – Breaking the Vicious Circle|
|1994||One Earth One Family|
|1995||We the Peoples: United for the Global Environment|
|1996||Our Earth, Our Habitat, Our Home|
|1997||For Life on Earth|
|1998||For Life on Earth – Save Our Seas|
|1999||Our Earth – Our Future – Just Save It!|
|2000||The Environment Millennium – Time to Act|
|2001||Connect with the World Wide Web of Life|
|2002||Give Earth a Chance|
|2003||Water – Two Billion People are Dying for It!|
|2004||Wanted! Seas and Oceans – Dead or Alive?|
|2005||Green Cities – Plan for the Planet!|
|2006||Deserts and Desertification – Don’t Desert Drylands!|
|2007||Melting Ice – a Hot Topic?|
|2008||Kick The Habit – Towards A Low Carbon Economy|
|2009||Your Planet Needs You-Unite to Combat Climate Change|
|2010||Many Species. One Planet. One Future|
|2011||Forests: Nature at your Service|
|2012||Green Economy: Does it include you?|
|2013||Think.Eat.Save. Reduce Your Foodprint|
|2014||Raise your voice, not the sea level|
|2015||Seven Billion Dreams. One Planet. Consume with Care.|
|2016||Zero Tolerance for the Illegal Wildlife trade|
|2017||Connecting People to Nature – in the city and on the land, from the poles to the equator|
How to celebrate World Environment Day
WED is celebrated all around the world, and the activities like street rallies, parades, concerts, tree planting, and clean-up campaigns will be conducted. You can participate in those events. In several countries, WED will be used as a tool to enhance political attention and to promote action towards protecting the environment. World Environment Day will provide an opportunity to make your nearby place safe and cleaner to get a safer, cleaner, and more prosperous future. Encourage others to make their surroundings safe and clean. You can use the hashtag #WorldEnvironmentDay and #BeatPlasticPollution on social media like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to promote the importance of protecting the environment.
World Environment Day Quotes
- “I don’t want to protect environment. I want to create a world where the environment doesn’t need protection.” – Happy World Environment
- “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.” – Happy WED
- “Modern technology Owes ecology An apology.” – Happy World Environment Day
- “Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names the streets after them.” – Happy WED
- “When is the best time to plant a tree? …Twenty years ago. The second best time is…now!” – Happy World Environment
- “To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.” – Happy WED
World Environment Day Slogans
- Join the campaign to save the environment.
- Celebrate world environment day to be an active part of this campaign.
- The environment is a gift to us, save and secure it.
- World environment day rememorizes us about the importance of the environment.
- World environment day make us realize our mistakes towards the environment.
- World environment day motivates us to take positive environmental actions.
- Celebrate WED to save the environment.
- Spread awareness regarding environmental issues at world environment day.
- Leave earth a better place to live.
- Fight to the bad habits to bring positive changes in the environment.
- Save greenery, save the environment.
- Raise the voice against environmental issues, not the global warming.
- Save environment save future generations.
- Save environment save future generations.
- Include greenery but exclude bad habits.
- Plant tree to make environment pollution free.
- Save greenery for relaxing to future generations.
- Ob environmental laws and spread them to others on world environment day.
- Consume food not plants; don’t cut trees and forests.
- Celebrate world environment day every day not only one day.
- Add greenery to the environment to make it fresh and live.
- Make environment safe for healthy life.
- Make environment green and don’t trim.
World Environment Day Images
Check out the latest photos of World Environment Day,